2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octyl Salicylate)
- Shape Irregular
- Density 1.014 at 25 (lit.) Gram per millilitre (g/mL)
- EINECS No 204-263-4
- Refractive Rate n20/D 1.502(lit.)
- Application Other
- CAS No 118-60-5
- HS Code 2918230000
- Click to View more
2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octyl Salicylate) Price And Quantity
- 5.60 USD ($)/Kilograms
- 25 Kilograms
2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octyl Salicylate) Product Specifications
- Cosmetic Grade
- 250.33 Kilograms (kg)
- 2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate
- Secondary UVB absorber for high SPF formulations; Excellent solvent for solid organic sunscreens; Used in sun protection, body and facial care and make-up products; Maximum addition amount: 5% (EU, USA, AUS) 10% (JP).
- Room Temperature
- 24 Months
- 2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate is mainly used in sun care, body & face care and color cosmetics. *Maximum additive amount: 5%(EU, USA, AUS); 10%(JP).
- Not less than 99.00%(GC)
- Slightly soluble in Chloroform and Ethyl Acetate, almost insoluble in water at 20 degrees Celsius
- UV Absorbers
- Clear colourless slightly yellowish liquid
- 1.014 at 25 (lit.) Gram per millilitre (g/mL)
- n20/D 1.502(lit.)
2-Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octyl Salicylate) Trade Information
- Shanghai port or Beijing port
- 20000 Kilograms Per Month
- 10 Days
- If order is confirmed we will reimburse the sample cost
- 25kg per steel drum or 200kg per steel drum.
- Asia Australia Central America North America South America Eastern Europe Western Europe Middle East
- All India
Product Description2-Ethylhexyl salicylate, also called Octyl Salicylate, octyl 2-hydroxybenzoate or Octisalate, the abbreviation is OS, the CAS number is: 118-60-5, which is a highly efficient UVB absorber, a colourless transparent liquid, oil-soluble, with an ultraviolet absorption rate of 165 at around 305nm. It can effectively absorb ultraviolet rays in the sun, prevent human skin from redness, sunburn, and tanning, and is widely used in sunscreen formulations.
Octyl Salicylate is also a good medicine for treating photosensitive dermatitis. Add it to shampoo to prevent it from fading. In industry, it is often added to plastics, inks and other products to prevent aging.