Most Popular Products
Dimethyl Sulfoxide Price And Quantity
- 225 Kilograms
- 5.20 USD ($)/Kilograms
Dimethyl Sulfoxide Product Specifications
- Dimethyl sulfoxide is soluble in water and most organic substances such as ethanol, propanol, benzene and chloroform.
- 36 Months
- Not less than 99.90%
- Not more than 0.001%
- Dimethyl sulfoxide
- Medicine Grade
- Room Temperature
- 1. Application in Pharmaceutical Production: Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is widely used as a reaction solvent in the synthesis of pharmaceutical intermediates. For example: Potassium fluoride and 3,4-dichloronitrobenzene react in DMSO to prepare fluorochloroaniline, which is widely used in the production of norfloxacin and fluorine-containing drugs such as trifluoronitrotoluene and ofloxacin. DMSO has been used in the synthesis of berberine, inositol nicotinate, sucrose fatty acid polyester and extraction of traditional Chinese medicine. 2. Application in Medical: Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) has solution and permeability to many drugs, has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, promotes blood circulation and wound healing, and has diuretic and tranquilizing effects. It can increase drug absorption and improve curative effect, so it is called "panacea" abroad. Various drugs are dissolved in DMSO, and can penetrate into the body when applied on the skin without oral administration or injection, opening up a new way of drug delivery. More importantly, it increases the local drug content in the ward and reduces other drug hazards to the body. 3. Application in Pesticides and Fertilizers: Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is a solvent, penetrant and synergist for pesticides and fertilizers. According to foreign reports, antibiotics are dissolved in DMSO to treat fruit tree rot, and insecticides are dissolved in DMSO to kill borers in trees and fruits. Spraying soybeans with a 0.5 solution at the flowering stage increases yield by 10% to 15%. 4. Application in Coatings: Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is used as a solvent, co-solvent, and antifreeze, and is widely used in water-emulsion paints. Because DMSO has good solubility to various resins, it is used as a solubilizer in some paints. The more important use is as a paint remover. Adding alkali or nitric acid to DMSO can remove various paint films including epoxy resin. 5. Application in Antifreeze: The freezing point of pure Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is 18.45C, DMSO with 40% water content is not frozen at -60C, and DMSO releases heat when mixed with water and snow. This property makes DMSO can be used as automotive antifreeze fluid, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid components. DMSO antifreeze is used in deicing agents, coatings, and various latex antifreezes in northern severe cold regions; antifreezes for gasoline and aviation fuel; antifreezes for bone marrow, blood, etc. 6. Applications in Gas Separation: In petroleum processing, chemical tail gas recovery, and gas separation, Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is used as a gas separation solvent because of its easy solubility to aromatics, alkynes, sulfides, nitrogen dioxide, and sulfur dioxide. 7. Application in Synthetic Resin: In production, Dimethyl Sulfoxide(DMSO) is used as a polymerization solvent for polysulfone resin. DMSO is soluble to many natural resins and synthetic resins, and can dissolve nylon, polyester, and polyvinyl chloride resins in medium heat. DMSO is used in the processing of artificial leather, and can also be used as a cleaning agent for polyurethane reactors and a solvent for acrylonitrile copolymerization.
- Dimethyl sulfoxide
- Pharmaceutical Intermediates
- Colourless transparent liquid
- Not more than 0.10%
- 180 ~ 198 at 760 mmHg
Dimethyl Sulfoxide Trade Information
- Shanghai or Beijing
- Paypal Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C) Telegraphic Transfer (T/T) Western Union
- 100000 Kilograms Per Month
- 10 Days
- If order is confirmed we will reimburse the sample cost
- 225kg per plastic drum, 4 drums packed on one pallet.
- Asia Australia Central America North America South America Eastern Europe Western Europe Middle East
- All India
Dimethyl sulfoxide(DMSO) is a sulfur-containing organic compound with a molecular formula of C2H6OS. It is a colorless, odorless, transparent liquid at room temperature and a hygroscopic flammable liquid. It has the characteristics of high polarity, high boiling point, good thermal stability, aprotic, and water miscibility. It can be dissolved in most organic substances such as ethanol, propanol, benzene and chloroform, and is known as a "universal solvent". Heating in the presence of acid will produce a small amount of compounds such as methyl mercaptan, formaldehyde, dimethyl sulfide, and methanesulfonic acid. Decomposes at high temperature, reacts violently with chlorine, burns in air and emits a light blue flame. It can be used as organic solvent, reaction medium and organic synthesis intermediate. It can also be used as a dyeing solvent for synthetic fibers, a dye remover, a dyeing carrier, and an absorbent for recovering acetylene and sulfur dioxide.
Enter Buying Requirement Details